Campus Security at Columbia
Columbia Bible College places a high priority on the public safety of the campus community. To that end the College is determined to ensure that adequate services are provided to assure that our campus remains as safe and secure as possible.
Columbia is committed to maintaining an environment where faculty, staff, students and visitors can pursue their respective work, study and business peacefully and without fear for their safety and security.
The College’s Department of Facilities & Grounds is responsible for public safety on campus. This policy will specifically outline the mandate and objectives of the Security Services of this department.
Columbia’s Security Policy supports the academic mission of the College by creating a safe, secure and equitable environment for all members of the community.
The Facilities & Grounds Department works in a receptive and genuine partnership with the College community in providing:
- A service delivery model that places emphasis on customer service;
- A visible security presence on campus;
- Security for all College buildings and property;
- security for special events in special circumstances;
- a reliable 24 hour response to both routine and emergency calls for security and/or police service and violations of College safety;
- law enforcement when required in respect to violations of the Criminal Code and relevant provincial statutes;
- the promotion of security, crime prevention, and safety awareness.
Report any crimes or suspicious persons or activities on campus to Campus Security.
604-615-2106 24/7 Emergency number